Joseph Mayes | 404.277.8456 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.joeymayes.com
Download a copy: j.mayes_resume_2015
J.Mayes Design: 2010 – Present
Art Director/Graphic Designer
Cooperative marketing agency of freelance professionals specializing in brand development, web design and advertising. Responsible for all conceptual themes and visual design deliverables.
• Established LLC and developed a multidisciplinary marketing firm utilizing professional contract labor.
• Serviced clients from diverse industries, providing targeted and well-executed marketing solutions.
• Servicing such clients as KBRG, Kitty Tuttle Interiors and Swallow at the Hollow Restaurant.
Chitra Productions, Virginia Beach, VA: 2015 – Present
Senior Graphics/Communications Specialist at the CDC
Government contracting company. Special projects designer for the Director of the National Center of Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities (NCBDDD) at the CDC. Responsible for creating presentations, infographics, and various communications pieces for the center.
• Created an inforgraphic for Disabilities in America which gained traction with policiy makers on capital hill.
• Created graphics for social media campaign on FASD gaining a record number of likes and shares on Facebook, Twitter, and Pintrist.
Yesmail, Atlanta, GA: 2014 – 2015
Message Manager II
Enterprise email marketing solutions provider. Responsible for managing client email marketing campaigns including communicating with clients on campaign scheduling, targeting, QA email marketing, procedures, and expectation setting for all creative deliverables.
• Identified holes in the training process and designed an up-to-date PowerPoint deck to make intuitive.
• Trained clients on the use of email marketing program management, reporting and analysis applications.
Cooper Global Chauffeured Transportation, Atlanta, GA: 2012 – 2014
Ground Transportation Company providing chauffeured driven black car service, limousines, minibuses and coaches. Responsible for all marketing, advertising and promotional materials including the measuring, enhancing, and enriching the position of the company image through advertising and social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and company blog).
• Created consistent/targeted branding materials in print, web and social media.
• Created and implemented marketing plan in conjunction with budget to recognize and eliminate wasteful spending.
• Servicing such clients as Philips Arena, Atlanta Braves, Turner Broadcasting, Georgia Aquarium and Invesco.
Home Décor Liquidators, John’s Creek, GA: 2011 – 2012
Retail furniture company with a presence in 9 US markets. Responsible for brand consistency, art direction, media buys and management of design personnel.
• Updated brand and applied consistency through all media collateral which gave the company brand consistency.
• Designed and implemented an email marketing plan using company’s POS software, which eliminated the need for a third,
party vendor at a cost savings of $2,400 per year.
The Hackett Group, Sandy Springs, GA: 2007 – 2010
Business consulting agency specializing in benchmarking, research and advisory in SG&A. Responsible for conceptualization and implementation of design of solutions that meet marketing strategies from concept to completion. Served as North American liaison between North American offices and the India production team.
• Set-up standards and procedures for workflow between the US and the India production team resulting in a 300% savings
for the company in salaries and 50% reduction in print costs.
• Worked with company’s backend developer and integrated marketing service Exact Target, to prepare email marketing initiatives.
Connect Marketing Publishing, Woodstock, GA: 2006 – 2007
Senior Art Director
Consumer Living style magazine publisher in the North Metropolitan Atlanta area. Responsible for the design and production of all magazines as well as manage staff of designers and photographers.
• Managed a team of designers, under tight deadline conditions, using design software (Adobe CS3) and print production
management software. Resulting in a quicker turn around between design and printing.
• Instrumental in establishing new policies and procedures for the production process.
• Managed workflow and identified areas in the system where we could create a more fluid and technologically updated delivery
process with print vendors.
Medical Distribution Solutions, Inc. (MDSI) Norcross, GA: 2003 – 2005
Publishers of Repertoire, the bellwether magazine for the medical supply chain industry. Responsible for the design of all magazines, as well as the collateral and sales deliverables.
• Redesigned the magazine from a tabloid size to a more contemporary style resulting in a 30% growth over 2 years.
• Worked with publisher, editor and writers to develop the magazine brand.
• Designed and provided art for company’s web site.
• Adobe CS 6 (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, DreamWeaver, Flash, Acrobat)
• Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• University of Georgia
Bachelor of Fine Arts
Graphic Design 1990
• Kennesaw State University Continuing Ed.
KIP Web Design